Homepage of Jan Hubička
I am assistant professor at Department of Applied Mathematics of Charles University, Prague, and software developer at SUSE.
My research interests include structural Ramsey theory, graph homomorphisms and homogeneous structures. I am long term contributor to GNU Compiler Collection where I have implemented original port to x86-64 and maintain inter-procedural optimizations, feedback directed optimizations and i386 port.
I am also interested in history of photography and work on digitizing archive of Šechtl and Voseček studios.
More details can be found in my CV (updated in February 2019).
- Combinatorial proofs of the extension property for partial automorphisms (with Matěj Konečný and Jaroslav Nešetřil), Unifying Themes in Ramsey Theory, Banff 2018
- EPPA for two-graphs (joint poster with Matěj Konečný), From permutation groups to model theory: a workshop inspired by the interests of Dugald Macpherson, on the occasion of his 60th birthday, Edinburgh 2018
- Building openSUSE with link-time optimization (with Martin Liška and Martin Jambor), openSUSE conference, Prague 2018
- Jaké je to vyvíjet překladače? (Czech) Filosofické problémy informatiky, Prague 2018
- Ramsey theorems for classes of structures with functions and relations (with David Evans, Matej Konecny and Jaroslav Nesetril), Model Theory and Combinatorics, Paris 2018
- Ramsey properties of Hrushovski construction (with David Evans and Jaroslav Nesetril), The British Postgraduate Model Theory Conference, Leeds 2017
- All those Ramsey classes (Ramsey classes with closures and forbidden homomorphisms) (with Jaroslav Nesetril), Logic Colloquium 2016
- Ramsey Classes by Partite Construction I (with Jaroslav Nesetril), Permutation Groups and Transformation Semigroups 2015
- Ramsey Classes by Partite Construction II (with Jaroslav Nesetril), Permutation Groups and Transformation Semigroups 2015
- Optimizing large applications, SUSElabs conf, 2013
- Collection of Finlay-Color negatives from the American Colony in Jerusalem (with Jan Bily, Andrew Goodall, Eva Hubickova, and Mark Jacobs), Space, Color, Motion, Prague, 2013
- Constrained homomorphism orders (with Jirka Fiala and Yangjing Long), Bordeaux Graph Workshop, 2012
- Locally injective homomorphisms are universal on connected graphs (with Jirka Fiala and Yangjing Long), 2nd Workshop on Homogeneous Structures, 2012
- Explicit construction of universal structures (with Jaroslav Nesetril), Workshop on Homogeneous Structures, 2011
This is how my homepage looked in 90's
- GCC (compiler suite, 1997-present)
- XaoS (fractal zoomer), now maintained by Zoltan Kovacs
- Koules (game) (-1996)
- AA project (ascii art library and demo)